Login | Register

Community

Community -> PublicMeetings -> 22th of February 2011


Topics

"Meetings - how and where":

  • Is chat ok (audio conf) ? is!! Resources -> PublicMeetings -> 22th of February 2011

Topics

"Meetings - how and where":

  • Is chat ok (audio conf) ? is IRC ok ? what about SIP chat ?
  • What is the best time for everybody ?
  • Meeting rules

Conclusions

  • using IRC as primary channel, maybe we will experiment with SIP IM chatting or audio back channel in the future
  • time is set to 17:00 CET
  • for each meeting, topics, conclusions and IRC logs to be posted on web site
  • before each meeting, an agenda to be decided - use wiki on website to collect topics
  • agenda to be announced with on week before the meeting

IRC Logs

17:00 <@bogdan_vs> Hi all
17:00 -!- SylkServer [~SylkServe@node10.dns-hosting.info] has joined #opensips
17:00 -!- bogdan_vs changed the topic of #opensips to: - OpenSIPS community meeting in progress
17:00 < saghul> hi bogdan_vs
17:00 < aidanna> howdy bogdan_vs
17:00 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: hello
17:01 < haloha> haloha
17:01 < haloha> hello all
17:01 <@bogdan_vs> we have scheduled for today the first meeting
17:01 <@bogdan_vs> and the plan is to continue it each month
17:02 <@bogdan_vs> as I said per email, the purpose of this kind of meeting is to identify issues (tech or non-tech)
17:02 -!- DelphiWorld [~VoIpGuy@41.200.24.249] has joined #opensips
17:02 < DelphiWorld> hi
17:02 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: you overloaded my brain
17:02 <@bogdan_vs> and not necessarily to solve them here (as this is more complicated)
17:02 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: i did /join #bogdan_vs no #opensips :(
17:02 <@bogdan_vs> DelphiWorld: take a deep breath :)
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: :)
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogsee you soon in romania
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: see you soon in romania
17:03 <@bogdan_vs> and the topic of this first meeting is actually the meeting framework itself
17:03 -!- duane [~duane@12.37.251.126] has joined #opensips
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: when? tomorrow?
17:04 <@bogdan_vs> to make it as simple, accessible and pleasant for everybody
17:04 <@bogdan_vs> DelphiWorld: the meeting is now :P
17:04 <@bogdan_vs> My original idea was to use something text based (chat) and next step was IRC
17:05 <@bogdan_vs> now the question is if chat-like IRC is ok or we can come up with something better
17:05 < p3k4y> google wave ;)
17:06 <@bogdan_vs> p3k4y: not familiar with that - what's that ?
17:06 -!- skynet [5aa59c1f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.90.165.156.31] has joined #opensips
17:06 <@bogdan_vs> any suggestion on that ? or brave ideas ?
17:06 <@bogdan_vs> :)
17:06 -!- samu60 [d424476d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.212.36.71.109] has joined #opensips
17:06 -!- skynet [5aa59c1f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.90.165.156.31] has left #opensips []
17:06 < Amduscias> you didn't miss anything imho.. some combined version of email, IM and colaboration work..
17:06 < saghul> bogdan_vs: adding audio would be nice IMHO
17:06 -!- STenyaK [~quassel@66.Red-80-25-84.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #opensips
17:06 < p3k4y> bogdan_vs: ah, it was a communication "revolution" based in javascript that google released last year.
Unfortunately it didn't catch on and they canned it. It was a tongue in cheek suggestion
17:07 < Amduscias> imho IRC is good, you don't need to be 100% aware as on a phone call.. and you can silence the room
 (moderate it) if needed..
17:07 < aidanna> anything a sip client would work with would be fine with me, but I do like the text base format and
 simplicity of IRC
17:07 < p3k4y> +1 for IRC
17:07 < viraptor> yeah - irc is nice... #vuc does conference which seems to be audio + backlog sorted out on irc
17:07 -!- FlavioEGoncalves [~FlavioEGo@189.34.13.90] has joined #opensips
17:07 < svenschulz> IRC is fine for now.
17:08 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: If you use Blink on Mac go to menu Call -> Join
 Conference -> opensips You end up in this IRC channel with chat and wide-band audio bridge
17:08 <@bogdan_vs> the only attractive part on audio is to broadcast something, speaking is ffaster ;)
17:08 < saghul> bogdan_vs: exactly
17:09 < duane> Audio would be nice, but it was mentioned that there would be a language barrier for a lot of people
17:09 < saghul> recordings and IRC logs could then be posted on the website or something.
17:09 < viraptor> then again - if you plan to spell out any paths / names / modules / configuration lines, we probably
 would need irc anyways
17:09 <@bogdan_vs> so maybe in some cases we can have front IRC text channel and an audio back channel maybe
17:10 < saghul> duane: Those who want to ask questions or make comments may still do it on IRC
17:10 <@bogdan_vs> duane: text everybody has - audio maybe not - TRUE
17:10 < duane> True.  I for one would like Audio
17:10 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: we have a recorded for IRC - it logs, but still working on posting the logs
17:10 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: check the "recorder_" buddy :)
17:10 < saghul> bogdan_vs: good to know :-)
17:10 < aidanna> i say try it and see
17:11 <@bogdan_vs> viraptor: IRC as primary , permanent, default
17:11 -!- duane is now known as DuaneLarson
17:11 <@bogdan_vs> audio maybe time to time for special cases, maybe
17:12 < DelphiWorld> SylkServer: hey adrian!
17:12 < saghul> Good thing about audio is the fact I don't need to be reading if I just want to be listening
17:12 < saghul> Also, we speak faster than we type ;-)
17:12 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: on the other hand you do not have history :)
17:12 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:13 < saghul> bogdan_vs: we could easily have recordings
17:13 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: We can record the audio and publish it afterwards
17:13 <@bogdan_vs> if you missed 2 mins, that's it...on text you can scroll back :)
17:13 <@bogdan_vs> the idea is to be realtime, as much os possible
17:14 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: IRC is most compatible and can be recorded, very
 good media
17:14 -!- vlad_paiu [~vlad@89.122.33.81] has joined #opensips
17:15 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: DelphiWorld: hello too
17:15 <@bogdan_vs> ok, so let's stay with IRC as primary, I will take care of logs
17:15 < DelphiWorld> adrian can you open aditional port in sip2sip.info?
17:15 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: Is open opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:15 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: sip:opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:15 -!- untiptun [~alex@89.122.33.81] has joined #opensips
17:16 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: If someone has DIDs can point to it
17:16 <@bogdan_vs> and we will publish the logs after each meeting (and eventually some action points)
17:16 < DelphiWorld> adrian
17:16 < DelphiWorld> what did you need
17:16 < DelphiWorld> i can provide
17:17 < saghul> bogdan_vs: Sounds good. It might also be nice to have a small 'agenda' before each meeting, to have
 something to start with.
17:17 <@bogdan_vs> btw, how many of you will be willing to join a SIP chat ?
17:18 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: sip:opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:18 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: that is clear - we willpublish the agenda with 1 week before
17:18 < saghul> What kind os SIP chat? SIP MESSAGE? MSRP?
17:18 <@bogdan_vs> SylkServer: simple SIP chat - we have in opensips the chat module for that
17:19 <@bogdan_vs> so you need to support MESSAGE , that's it
17:19 < saghul> Oh, the imc module
17:19 <@bogdan_vs> I think it will be compatible with most of the SIP soft clients having MESSAGE
17:20 <@bogdan_vs> so, any victims willing to try sometime in the future? after all we do SIP, so we could try to use it ;)
17:20 < osas> For now, I think that we should stick with IRC (we have logs and it is way easier to review IRC logs then
 listening to a redorded voice conference)
17:20 < DelphiWorld> sack: please try +441613530284
17:20 <@bogdan_vs> Ovidiu Sas: SIP text chat, not audio
17:21 < svenschulz> I can be a future SIP victim
17:21 < DelphiWorld> saghul: please try +441613530284
17:21 < osas> I know
17:21 <@bogdan_vs> more or less, the experience will be like IRC, but the infrastructure based on SIP
17:21 < aidanna> well, since this is a sip communication server project, can make sense :)
17:21 < osas> we can try later on with SIP, but for now, IRC is good enough
17:21 <@bogdan_vs> well, at least we can experiment at some point....
17:21 <@bogdan_vs> osas: right, I agree
17:22 < saghul> bogdan_vs: count me in for experimenting :-)
17:22 -!- ghenry [~ghenry@ghenry.plus.com] has joined #opensips
17:22 -!- ghenry [~ghenry@ghenry.plus.com] has quit [Changing host]
17:22 -!- ghenry [~ghenry@pdpc/supporter/monthlybyte/ghenry] has joined #opensips
17:22 < osas> we need to focus on what we want to achieve
17:22 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: sure I will
17:22 < osas> also, we need to set up some policies
17:22 <@bogdan_vs> osas: go on ....
17:22 < osas> to many ppl are speacking now and the distraction is a little bit to much
17:22 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: i provided +441613530284
17:23 < osas> so, I would like to setup some rules:
17:23 < saghul> DelphiWorld: lets stick to text for now
17:23 <@bogdan_vs> osas: well, the idea is to follow the topics, step by step...
17:23 < DelphiWorld> saghul: i listened to adrian, thay asked for a did's :P
17:23 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: For the future...
17:23 < osas> bogdan_vs: you need to set the topic of the first item that we want to discuss, and we need to keep the 
conversation focus
17:24 < osas> in other words, everyone should speack only if is something related to the item being discussed
17:24 <@bogdan_vs> osas: that's already in place - for each meeting we will have the topic list in advance
17:24 -!- karthik [~chatzilla@183.83.50.24] has joined #opensips
17:24 < osas> ok :)
17:24 <@bogdan_vs> osas:  that is also current and polite :)
17:24 < osas> for now, I think we are ok with the fact that we will use IRC
17:24 <@bogdan_vs> yes
17:24 < osas> perfect
17:25 < osas> now, we need to move on to the next topic
17:25 <@bogdan_vs> another one for today is the time
17:25  * DuaneLarson Raises Hand to talk
17:25 <@bogdan_vs> if this 17:00 CET is ok for most of us
17:25 -!- FlavioGonc [~FlavioEGo@189.34.13.90] has joined #opensips
17:25 <@bogdan_vs> DuaneLarson: yup
17:25 < aidanna> i'm good with it, in EST US but very easy to do IRC at work
17:25 < DuaneLarson> Just wanted to show that could be a good option
17:26 < DuaneLarson> instead of barging in on the conversation, or not
17:26 <@bogdan_vs> DuaneLarson: which is ? :)
17:26 < osas> DuaneLarson: if someone has something to say and it's relevant, just say it
17:26 < DuaneLarson> raising your hand that is.  Would be a good optino
17:26 < DuaneLarson> ok
17:26 < osas> too many extra logs makes the reading tiring :)
17:26 < DuaneLarson> Osas, you were talking about some rules. Just thought that might fit
17:26 < DuaneLarson> ;)
17:26 <@bogdan_vs> ah....ok :) ...but overhead is a bit higher ...
17:27 < osas> yup
17:27 < osas> let's keep it simple
17:27 < svenschulz> Back to original question, yes this time works for me EST ;)
17:27 < osas> talk if you have something to say (related to the topic)
17:27 <@bogdan_vs> and after all it is a public conversation (following some rules), not some moderated show :)
17:27 < DuaneLarson> cool
17:27 <@bogdan_vs> ok, back to the time issue - anything against it ? other better idea ? (with arguments, of course)
17:28 < osas> timing seems to be good for most of us (no complains so far)
17:28 < DuaneLarson> Agreed on time
17:29 <@bogdan_vs> ok, so we have the answers for : where - IRC, how - chat, when - 17:00 CET
17:29 < svenschulz> once a week, right?
17:29 <@bogdan_vs> now, last thing:
17:29 < saghul> would it always be on tuedays?
17:30 < DelphiWorld> 63 users! bogdan_vs! first time :)
17:30 <@bogdan_vs> the rule is: monthly, second Wednesday of each month.
17:30 < DelphiWorld> e
17:30 < osas> that is fine (monthly seems to be reasonable)
17:30 <@bogdan_vs> so, once per month
17:30 < DuaneLarson> Will you send out updates like usual (Linkden, mailing list, etc) for each meeting
17:31 < saghul> bogdan_vs: fine with me also
17:31 < svenschulz> works
17:31 <@bogdan_vs> DuaneLarson: sure
17:31 -!- deonv1 [~deonv@pixfirewall.itn.com.na] has quit [Quit: Leaving.]
17:32 <@bogdan_vs> last one - how to collect ideas for the next topics ?
17:32 < osas> a wiki page
17:32 < saghul> +1 to that
17:32 < osas> that will host logs from previous meetings
17:32 < osas> topic for each meeting
17:32 < FlavioGonc> wiki is fine.
17:32 <@bogdan_vs> I like the idea
17:33  * DuaneLarson Likes the idea
17:33 <@bogdan_vs> ok - so everything is place....
17:33 < viraptor> maybe some voting on the previous meeting if the next ideas are already known?
17:33 <@bogdan_vs> something other things regarding the organizing ?
17:34 <@bogdan_vs> viraptor: maybe on wiki? people can second an idea ...
17:36 <@bogdan_vs> ok - let's stick to wiki and people supporting ideas there (counter for how many people are supporting the idea)
17:36 <@bogdan_vs> so more or less this was all about this first meeting
17:36 <@bogdan_vs> to have things in place for the future
17:37 <@bogdan_vs> regarding the topics:  please remember - we discuss here topics, not trying to find the solutions
 for them
17:37 < osas> we need to keep the meeting short and focus
17:37 < hurinth> things like improving documentation right?
17:37 < osas> for discussing solutions, we have the mailing list
17:37 <@bogdan_vs> once we identified and talked about the ides, we will find channel to solve it
17:37 <@bogdan_vs> osas: right
17:38 < FlavioGonc> Topic suggestion: Where opensips wants to be in 5 years?
17:38 <@bogdan_vs> hurinth: why not
17:38 <@bogdan_vs> FlavioGonc: too long shot :)
17:38 <@bogdan_vs> ok - I will post on email and web the result of this meeting  and the page for collecting the topics
17:39 -!- UnixDev_ [~UnixDev@c-67-188-28-114.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has joined #opensips
17:39 -!- UnixDev_ [~UnixDev@c-67-188-28-114.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has quit [Changing host]
17:39 -!- UnixDev_ [~UnixDev@unaffiliated/unixdev] has joined #opensips
17:39 <@bogdan_vs> Thanks to everyone participating :)
17:39 -!- SylkServer [~SylkServe@node10.dns-hosting.info] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
17:39 < viraptor> shortest meeting I've been to in month - good! :)
17:40 < viraptor> thanks Bogdan
17:41 -!- DuaneLarson [~duane@12.37.251.126] has left #opensips ["Leaving"]
17:41 -!- medve [~medve@188.142.148.10] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
17:42 -!- lftsy [~lftsy@pul-lav-fw-so-01-x1.vtxnet.net] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
17:42 <@bogdan_vs> viraptor:  let's keep it like that :)
IRC ok ? what about SIP chat ?
  • What is the best time for everybody ?
  • Meeting rules

Conclusions

  • using IRC as primary channel, maybe we will experiment with SIP IM chatting or audio back channel in the future
  • time is set to 17:00 CET
  • for each meeting, topics, conclusions and IRC logs to be posted on web site
  • before each meeting, an agenda to be decided - use wiki on website to collect topics
  • agenda to be announced with on week before the meeting

IRC Logs

17:00 <@bogdan_vs> Hi all
17:00 -!- SylkServer [~SylkServe@node10.dns-hosting.info] has joined #opensips
17:00 -!- bogdan_vs changed the topic of #opensips to: - OpenSIPS community meeting in progress
17:00 < saghul> hi bogdan_vs
17:00 < aidanna> howdy bogdan_vs
17:00 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: hello
17:01 < haloha> haloha
17:01 < haloha> hello all
17:01 <@bogdan_vs> we have scheduled for today the first meeting
17:01 <@bogdan_vs> and the plan is to continue it each month
17:02 <@bogdan_vs> as I said per email, the purpose of this kind of meeting is to identify issues (tech or non-tech)
17:02 -!- DelphiWorld [~VoIpGuy@41.200.24.249] has joined #opensips
17:02 < DelphiWorld> hi
17:02 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: you overloaded my brain
17:02 <@bogdan_vs> and not necessarily to solve them here (as this is more complicated)
17:02 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: i did /join #bogdan_vs no #opensips :(
17:02 <@bogdan_vs> DelphiWorld: take a deep breath :)
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: :)
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogsee you soon in romania
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: see you soon in romania
17:03 <@bogdan_vs> and the topic of this first meeting is actually the meeting framework itself
17:03 -!- duane [~duane@12.37.251.126] has joined #opensips
17:03 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: when? tomorrow?
17:04 <@bogdan_vs> to make it as simple, accessible and pleasant for everybody
17:04 <@bogdan_vs> DelphiWorld: the meeting is now :P
17:04 <@bogdan_vs> My original idea was to use something text based (chat) and next step was IRC
17:05 <@bogdan_vs> now the question is if chat-like IRC is ok or we can come up with something better
17:05 < p3k4y> google wave ;)
17:06 <@bogdan_vs> p3k4y: not familiar with that - what's that ?
17:06 -!- skynet [5aa59c1f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.90.165.156.31] has joined #opensips
17:06 <@bogdan_vs> any suggestion on that ? or brave ideas ?
17:06 <@bogdan_vs> :)
17:06 -!- samu60 [d424476d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.212.36.71.109] has joined #opensips
17:06 -!- skynet [5aa59c1f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.90.165.156.31] has left #opensips []
17:06 < Amduscias> you didn't miss anything imho.. some combined version of email, IM and colaboration work..
17:06 < saghul> bogdan_vs: adding audio would be nice IMHO
17:06 -!- STenyaK [~quassel@66.Red-80-25-84.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #opensips
17:06 < p3k4y> bogdan_vs: ah, it was a communication "revolution" based in javascript that google released last year.
Unfortunately it didn't catch on and they canned it. It was a tongue in cheek suggestion
17:07 < Amduscias> imho IRC is good, you don't need to be 100% aware as on a phone call.. and you can silence the room
 (moderate it) if needed..
17:07 < aidanna> anything a sip client would work with would be fine with me, but I do like the text base format and
 simplicity of IRC
17:07 < p3k4y> +1 for IRC
17:07 < viraptor> yeah - irc is nice... #vuc does conference which seems to be audio + backlog sorted out on irc
17:07 -!- FlavioEGoncalves [~FlavioEGo@189.34.13.90] has joined #opensips
17:07 < svenschulz> IRC is fine for now.
17:08 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: If you use Blink on Mac go to menu Call -> Join
 Conference -> opensips You end up in this IRC channel with chat and wide-band audio bridge
17:08 <@bogdan_vs> the only attractive part on audio is to broadcast something, speaking is ffaster ;)
17:08 < saghul> bogdan_vs: exactly
17:09 < duane> Audio would be nice, but it was mentioned that there would be a language barrier for a lot of people
17:09 < saghul> recordings and IRC logs could then be posted on the website or something.
17:09 < viraptor> then again - if you plan to spell out any paths / names / modules / configuration lines, we probably
 would need irc anyways
17:09 <@bogdan_vs> so maybe in some cases we can have front IRC text channel and an audio back channel maybe
17:10 < saghul> duane: Those who want to ask questions or make comments may still do it on IRC
17:10 <@bogdan_vs> duane: text everybody has - audio maybe not - TRUE
17:10 < duane> True.  I for one would like Audio
17:10 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: we have a recorded for IRC - it logs, but still working on posting the logs
17:10 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: check the "recorder_" buddy :)
17:10 < saghul> bogdan_vs: good to know :-)
17:10 < aidanna> i say try it and see
17:11 <@bogdan_vs> viraptor: IRC as primary , permanent, default
17:11 -!- duane is now known as DuaneLarson
17:11 <@bogdan_vs> audio maybe time to time for special cases, maybe
17:12 < DelphiWorld> SylkServer: hey adrian!
17:12 < saghul> Good thing about audio is the fact I don't need to be reading if I just want to be listening
17:12 < saghul> Also, we speak faster than we type ;-)
17:12 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: on the other hand you do not have history :)
17:12 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:13 < saghul> bogdan_vs: we could easily have recordings
17:13 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: We can record the audio and publish it afterwards
17:13 <@bogdan_vs> if you missed 2 mins, that's it...on text you can scroll back :)
17:13 <@bogdan_vs> the idea is to be realtime, as much os possible
17:14 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: IRC is most compatible and can be recorded, very
 good media
17:14 -!- vlad_paiu [~vlad@89.122.33.81] has joined #opensips
17:15 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: DelphiWorld: hello too
17:15 <@bogdan_vs> ok, so let's stay with IRC as primary, I will take care of logs
17:15 < DelphiWorld> adrian can you open aditional port in sip2sip.info?
17:15 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: Is open opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:15 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: sip:opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:15 -!- untiptun [~alex@89.122.33.81] has joined #opensips
17:16 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: If someone has DIDs can point to it
17:16 <@bogdan_vs> and we will publish the logs after each meeting (and eventually some action points)
17:16 < DelphiWorld> adrian
17:16 < DelphiWorld> what did you need
17:16 < DelphiWorld> i can provide
17:17 < saghul> bogdan_vs: Sounds good. It might also be nice to have a small 'agenda' before each meeting, to have
 something to start with.
17:17 <@bogdan_vs> btw, how many of you will be willing to join a SIP chat ?
17:18 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: sip:opensips@conference.sip2sip.info
17:18 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: that is clear - we willpublish the agenda with 1 week before
17:18 < saghul> What kind os SIP chat? SIP MESSAGE? MSRP?
17:18 <@bogdan_vs> SylkServer: simple SIP chat - we have in opensips the chat module for that
17:19 <@bogdan_vs> so you need to support MESSAGE , that's it
17:19 < saghul> Oh, the imc module
17:19 <@bogdan_vs> I think it will be compatible with most of the SIP soft clients having MESSAGE
17:20 <@bogdan_vs> so, any victims willing to try sometime in the future? after all we do SIP, so we could try to use it ;)
17:20 < osas> For now, I think that we should stick with IRC (we have logs and it is way easier to review IRC logs then
 listening to a redorded voice conference)
17:20 < DelphiWorld> sack: please try +441613530284
17:20 <@bogdan_vs> Ovidiu Sas: SIP text chat, not audio
17:21 < svenschulz> I can be a future SIP victim
17:21 < DelphiWorld> saghul: please try +441613530284
17:21 < osas> I know
17:21 <@bogdan_vs> more or less, the experience will be like IRC, but the infrastructure based on SIP
17:21 < aidanna> well, since this is a sip communication server project, can make sense :)
17:21 < osas> we can try later on with SIP, but for now, IRC is good enough
17:21 <@bogdan_vs> well, at least we can experiment at some point....
17:21 <@bogdan_vs> osas: right, I agree
17:22 < saghul> bogdan_vs: count me in for experimenting :-)
17:22 -!- ghenry [~ghenry@ghenry.plus.com] has joined #opensips
17:22 -!- ghenry [~ghenry@ghenry.plus.com] has quit [Changing host]
17:22 -!- ghenry [~ghenry@pdpc/supporter/monthlybyte/ghenry] has joined #opensips
17:22 < osas> we need to focus on what we want to achieve
17:22 <@bogdan_vs> saghul: sure I will
17:22 < osas> also, we need to set up some policies
17:22 <@bogdan_vs> osas: go on ....
17:22 < osas> to many ppl are speacking now and the distraction is a little bit to much
17:22 < DelphiWorld> bogdan_vs: i provided +441613530284
17:23 < osas> so, I would like to setup some rules:
17:23 < saghul> DelphiWorld: lets stick to text for now
17:23 <@bogdan_vs> osas: well, the idea is to follow the topics, step by step...
17:23 < DelphiWorld> saghul: i listened to adrian, thay asked for a did's :P
17:23 < SylkServer> Adrian Georgescu <sip:31208005169@ag-projects.com>: For the future...
17:23 < osas> bogdan_vs: you need to set the topic of the first item that we want to discuss, and we need to keep the 
conversation focus
17:24 < osas> in other words, everyone should speack only if is something related to the item being discussed
17:24 <@bogdan_vs> osas: that's already in place - for each meeting we will have the topic list in advance
17:24 -!- karthik [~chatzilla@183.83.50.24] has joined #opensips
17:24 < osas> ok :)
17:24 <@bogdan_vs> osas:  that is also current and polite :)
17:24 < osas> for now, I think we are ok with the fact that we will use IRC
17:24 <@bogdan_vs> yes
17:24 < osas> perfect
17:25 < osas> now, we need to move on to the next topic
17:25 <@bogdan_vs> another one for today is the time
17:25  * DuaneLarson Raises Hand to talk
17:25 <@bogdan_vs> if this 17:00 CET is ok for most of us
17:25 -!- FlavioGonc [~FlavioEGo@189.34.13.90] has joined #opensips
17:25 <@bogdan_vs> DuaneLarson: yup
17:25 < aidanna> i'm good with it, in EST US but very easy to do IRC at work
17:25 < DuaneLarson> Just wanted to show that could be a good option
17:26 < DuaneLarson> instead of barging in on the conversation, or not
17:26 <@bogdan_vs> DuaneLarson: which is ? :)
17:26 < osas> DuaneLarson: if someone has something to say and it's relevant, just say it
17:26 < DuaneLarson> raising your hand that is.  Would be a good optino
17:26 < DuaneLarson> ok
17:26 < osas> too many extra logs makes the reading tiring :)
17:26 < DuaneLarson> Osas, you were talking about some rules. Just thought that might fit
17:26 < DuaneLarson> ;)
17:26 <@bogdan_vs> ah....ok :) ...but overhead is a bit higher ...
17:27 < osas> yup
17:27 < osas> let's keep it simple
17:27 < svenschulz> Back to original question, yes this time works for me EST ;)
17:27 < osas> talk if you have something to say (related to the topic)
17:27 <@bogdan_vs> and after all it is a public conversation (following some rules), not some moderated show :)
17:27 < DuaneLarson> cool
17:27 <@bogdan_vs> ok, back to the time issue - anything against it ? other better idea ? (with arguments, of course)
17:28 < osas> timing seems to be good for most of us (no complains so far)
17:28 < DuaneLarson> Agreed on time
17:29 <@bogdan_vs> ok, so we have the answers for : where - IRC, how - chat, when - 17:00 CET
17:29 < svenschulz> once a week, right?
17:29 <@bogdan_vs> now, last thing:
17:29 < saghul> would it always be on tuedays?
17:30 < DelphiWorld> 63 users! bogdan_vs! first time :)
17:30 <@bogdan_vs> the rule is: monthly, second Wednesday of each month.
17:30 < DelphiWorld> e
17:30 < osas> that is fine (monthly seems to be reasonable)
17:30 <@bogdan_vs> so, once per month
17:30 < DuaneLarson> Will you send out updates like usual (Linkden, mailing list, etc) for each meeting
17:31 < saghul> bogdan_vs: fine with me also
17:31 < svenschulz> works
17:31 <@bogdan_vs> DuaneLarson: sure
17:31 -!- deonv1 [~deonv@pixfirewall.itn.com.na] has quit [Quit: Leaving.]
17:32 <@bogdan_vs> last one - how to collect ideas for the next topics ?
17:32 < osas> a wiki page
17:32 < saghul> +1 to that
17:32 < osas> that will host logs from previous meetings
17:32 < osas> topic for each meeting
17:32 < FlavioGonc> wiki is fine.
17:32 <@bogdan_vs> I like the idea
17:33  * DuaneLarson Likes the idea
17:33 <@bogdan_vs> ok - so everything is place....
17:33 < viraptor> maybe some voting on the previous meeting if the next ideas are already known?
17:33 <@bogdan_vs> something other things regarding the organizing ?
17:34 <@bogdan_vs> viraptor: maybe on wiki? people can second an idea ...
17:36 <@bogdan_vs> ok - let's stick to wiki and people supporting ideas there (counter for how many people are supporting the idea)
17:36 <@bogdan_vs> so more or less this was all about this first meeting
17:36 <@bogdan_vs> to have things in place for the future
17:37 <@bogdan_vs> regarding the topics:  please remember - we discuss here topics, not trying to find the solutions
 for them
17:37 < osas> we need to keep the meeting short and focus
17:37 < hurinth> things like improving documentation right?
17:37 < osas> for discussing solutions, we have the mailing list
17:37 <@bogdan_vs> once we identified and talked about the ides, we will find channel to solve it
17:37 <@bogdan_vs> osas: right
17:38 < FlavioGonc> Topic suggestion: Where opensips wants to be in 5 years?
17:38 <@bogdan_vs> hurinth: why not
17:38 <@bogdan_vs> FlavioGonc: too long shot :)
17:38 <@bogdan_vs> ok - I will post on email and web the result of this meeting  and the page for collecting the topics
17:39 -!- UnixDev_ [~UnixDev@c-67-188-28-114.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has joined #opensips
17:39 -!- UnixDev_ [~UnixDev@c-67-188-28-114.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has quit [Changing host]
17:39 -!- UnixDev_ [~UnixDev@unaffiliated/unixdev] has joined #opensips
17:39 <@bogdan_vs> Thanks to everyone participating :)
17:39 -!- SylkServer [~SylkServe@node10.dns-hosting.info] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
17:39 < viraptor> shortest meeting I've been to in month - good! :)
17:40 < viraptor> thanks Bogdan
17:41 -!- DuaneLarson [~duane@12.37.251.126] has left #opensips ["Leaving"]
17:41 -!- medve [~medve@188.142.148.10] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
17:42 -!- lftsy [~lftsy@pul-lav-fw-so-01-x1.vtxnet.net] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
17:42 <@bogdan_vs> viraptor:  let's keep it like that :)

Page last modified on May 09, 2013, at 10:59 AM