Documentation -> Migration -> Migration from 1.6.4 to 1.7.0
This page has been visited 1877 times.
This section is to provide useful help in migrating your OpenSIPS installations from the 1.6.4 branch to the 1.7 branch.
You can find the all the new additions in 1.7.0 release compiled under this page. Overviewing it, may help you understanding the migration / update process.
1. DB migration
The database structure was not affected by major changes, only some fields additions in some tables and some fields type changing.
You can migrate your 1.6.4 DB to the 1.7.0 format by using the opensipsdbctl tool :
# opensipsdbctl migrate opensips_1_6 opensips_1_7
> migrate opensips_1_6 opensips_1_7
- opensips_1_6 is the existing DB name corresponding to version 1.6.4 format
- opensips_1_7 is the DB name to be created for 1.7.x format
- the old database will not be deleted, altered or changed - it will not be touched at all
- new database will be created and data from old DB will be imported into it
NOTE that the migration tool is available only for MYSQL databases!
Back to Table of Contents
2. Script migration
- Because of the new AVP auto-aliasing feature for the script, you must remove the "avp_aliases" parameter if you were using aliases, and also remove all the "i:" and "s:" prefixes from AVP names.
- Remove the "report_ack" parameter from the ACC module. The parameter is considered obsolete.
- Remove the "bye_on_timeout_flag" parameter from the DIALOG module. To keep the bye on timeout behavior, you need to provide a "B" string parameter to the create_dialog() function, like create_dialog("B").
- Remove the "dlg_flag" parameter from the DIALOG module. The parameter is considered obsolete. The only way to create a dialog is to call the create_dialog() function
- Remove the "enable_full_lr" parameter from the RR module. The parameter is considered obsolete.
- A new RTPProxy module was split from the Nathelper module, so you must load this new module if you desire RTPProxy integration. The script API remains the same.
- A new module was added, UAC_AUTH, that provides a common API for UAC authentication functionality. The UAC and B2B modules now use the API provided by the UAC_AUTH module, so you must load this module before the UAC and B2B.
- The nat_traversal module was reworked in order to cope with the new Dialog API. If you used to reset the dlg_flag in order to cancel the late dialog creation, you must now set to 0 the $nat_traversal.track_dialog pvar.
- The mediaproxy and call_control module no longer allow the cancelation of the late dialog creation, so resetflag(dlg_flag) no longer makes sense.