Documentation -> Migration -> Migration from 1.5.x to 1.6.x
This page has been visited 4079 times.
This section is to provide useful help in migrating your OpenSIPS installations from any release from 1.5 branch to any release from 1.6 branch.
You can find the all the new additions in 1.6.x release compiled under this page. Reading it may help you understand the migration / update process.
1. DB migration
One table was remove, one table had its schema changed and new tables were added (corresponding to the newly added modules).
The biggest change was done in the PERMISSIONS module, where the trusted and address tables were merged into the address table.
You can migrate your 1.5.x DB to the 1.5.x format by using the opensipdbctl(deprecated) or osipsconsole tools:
# opensipsdbctl migrate opensips_1_5 opensips_1_6
> db migrate opensips_1_5 opensips_1_6
- opensips_1_5 is the existing DB name corresponding to version 1.5.x format
- opensips_1_6 is the DB name to be created for 1.6.x format
- the old database will not be deleted, altered or changed - it will not be touched at all
- new database will be created and data from old DB will be imported into it
Take care and edit (if necessary) the opensipsctlrc / '''osipsconsolerc" files if you want to customize the DB users used for accessing the new DB.
NOTE that the migration tool is available only for MYSQL databases!
Back to Table of Contents
2. Script migration
2.1 OpenSIPS core
- "$branch" pseudovariable was replaced by "$br" variable
2.2 RADIUS modules
A generic AAA interface was build in 1.6 ( very similar to the DB interface). Therefore some changes must be made in the script in the parts referring to modules that use RADIUS. First you must load the aaa_radius module which contains the radius implementation for the AAA interface. Second, you must change the name of the module according to the list:
- auth_radius modules became auth_aaa module
- group_radius module was merged with group module
- uri_radius and uri_db were merged with uri module
- avp_radius module does not exist anymore and its functionalities were integrated in aaa_radius modules
2.3 ALIAS_DB module
- use_domain module parameter was removed as replaced by the "d" per-lookup option.
2.4 DISPATCHER module
- ds_is_from_list() replaced with a more generic function ds_is_in_list("ip","port"). The new function takes as parameters the IP and PORT to test against the dispatcher list, instead of using only the source IP and PORT (as ds_is_from_list()).
ds_is_from_list() == ds_is_in_list("$si","$sp")
2.5 GROUP module
- is_user_in() renamed as db_is_user_in()
- get_user_group() renamed as db_get_user_group()
2.6 PERMISSIONS module
- the following script parameters are no longer used: peer_tag_avp, trusted_table, source_col
- ip_addr_col parameter was renamed as ip_col
- tag_col parameter was renamed as info_col
- from_col parameter was renamed as pattern_col
- the new functions check_address(), check_source_address(), get_source_group() replace old functions allow_address(), allow_source_address(), allow_trusted()
2.7 REGISTRAR module
- former global parameters like method_filtering, max_contacts, append_branches, use_path, path_mode and path_use_received are now per AOR / function parameters
- sock_flag was moved as flag of the save() function
2.8 TM module
- t_reply() function does not requires any more a prior create Transaction. If no transaction is found, it will be automatically created.
- t_cancel_branch() take flags ("a" - cancel all branches; "o" - cancel all other branches except current; "" - current branch); t_cancel_call() is obsoleted and removed (same as t_cancel_branch("a")).
2.9 URI module
- check_from() renamed to db_check_from()
- check_to() renamed to db_check_to()
- does_uri_exist() renamed to db_does_uri_exist()
- get_auth_id() renamed to db_get_auth_id()