Who should become a member of the OpenSIPS Software Foundation ?
- any person that can bring value to the project (in any way) or can help in achieving the Foundation's goals
How to become a member ?
- members can be invited by the foundation (based on suggestions and discussions inside the Foundation)
- people can submit membership requests in which they describe the values they can bring to the Foundation
2. Members and the Board
The OSF members are running the foundation:
- propose topics/ideas/members for discussion
- participate in discussions
- vote when necessary
- invite other people to become members of the Foundation
Also there is an OSF Board :
- the Board consists of 3 people, elected from and by all foundation members
- the Board is responsible for managing the administrative, financial and legal aspects of the Foundation
- the Board presents the status of foundation at the end of each year.
3. Foundation's rules
The OSF is governed by meritocracy :
- people have to merit to become members
- members have to merit to become part of the Board
The day-to-day activities of the OSF mainly (but not limited to) consist of:
- schedule and keep internal meeting for discussions or votes
- schedule and keep public meeting to handle major topics/events.
- build and present a planning (or directions) in project evolution, based on internal/public meetings
The decision making process is based on voting - during the Foundation's meetings, all members have the right to vote on the current topics. Based on a simple majority on "yes" or "no" votes, a decision is adopted or not.
Contact email address : board at opensips dot org
Minute of the meetings : see Meetings web page
Mailing list for members only : foundation at lists dot opensips dot org